DIY Project: Monkey Knot Earrings
Statement earrings have the magical ability to dress up even the most simple of outfits. Believe it or not, earrings don’t need to be huge and heavy or flashy to make a statement, and they certainly don’t need to be expensive. Simple, brightly colored earrings with a fun design can do the trick just as well, if not better.
Since our nifty little Triangle Hair Pin DIY was such a hit last month, we decided to share another one with you: DIY Monkey Fist Knot Earrings. The earrings are simple to make, once you get the hang of the knot, and have a sort of irresistible kitschy charm.
What You’ll Need:
– Yarn in your favorite colors (Cut into yard lengths)
– A pair of earring post studs
How to Do It:
1. Tie the yarn into a Monkey Fist Knot. It’s a little hard to explain, but you can find a neat tutorial here.
2. Glue the ends knotted yarn down so it doesn’t unravel.
3. Glue the knotted yarn onto the back of the stud post.
That’s it! Pretty simple, huh? Feel free to show us how yours turned out!